Date: Mar 26, 2016 09:00 AM - Apr 2, 2016 03:00 PM
Registration closes on Apr 02, 2016 10:00 AM
- Pharmacy Technicians
Accreditation Statement: Howard University College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Requirements for CE Credit
CPE Monitor: Requirement to Track your CPE
Important new requirement from the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education and the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy for all pharmacists and technicians who obtain CPE credit. The CPE Monitor system will securely track all your completed CPE credits in a central system.
Registration closes on Apr 02, 2016
at 10:00 AM
- Define medication reconciliation.
- Identify and discuss National Patient Safety Goals as an aspect of medication reconciliation.
- Recognize and discuss the practice of conducting a patient medication history.
- Outline and describe at least 3 activities associated with the pre-interview, interview and post-interview, phases of a patients medication history.
- Given case examples, demonstrate knowledge and skill at responding to patient encounters following HIPPA rules and professional standards.
- Identify and discuss basic pharmacology and clinical use of several high risk drugs and drug classes.
- Given a patient's case in a live-role playing session, perform a professional, complete and accurate patient medication interview for medication reconciliation.
Christopher Keeys, PharmD, BCPS
Hyunji Lee, Pharm.D.
Kyung Koo, Pharm.D.
Onyine Chukwukelo, Pharm.D.
Sara Spencer, Pharm.D.
Xirui Chen, Pharm.D.