Date: Sep 30, 2015 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM
Registration closes on Sep 30, 2015 12:05 PM
Accreditation Statement: Howard University College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Requirements for CE Credit
CPE Monitor: Requirement to Track your CPE
Important new requirement from the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education and the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy for all pharmacists and technicians who obtain CPE credit. The CPE Monitor system will securely track all your completed CPE credits in a central system.
Registration closes on Sep 30, 2015
at 12:05 PM
- Discuss the epidemiology of alcohol use disorder and alcohol-related deaths in the United States.
- Explain the pathophysiology of acute and chronic intoxication and alcohol withdrawal.
- Identify the signs, symptoms and stages of alcohol withdrawal and its associated complications.
- Compare and contrast the utilization of benzodiazepines and anticonvulsants for the treatment of alcohol withdrawal.
- Prepare an individualized pharmaceutical treatment plan based on specific patient factors (i.e. hepatic impairment).
Jasmine Carpenter, PharmD, BCPS, PharmD, RPh