Date: Apr 8, 2017 10:30 AM - 11:15 AM
Registration closes on Apr 14, 2017 10:30 PM
Accreditation Statement: Howard University College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Requirements for CE Credit
CPE Monitor: Requirement to Track your CPE
Important new requirement from the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education and the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy for all pharmacists and technicians who obtain CPE credit. The CPE Monitor system will securely track all your completed CPE credits in a central system.
- Describe the pathophysiology of gout, with a focus un urate metabolism and excretion.
- Differentially diagnose gout based on hyperuricemia, joint assessment, and relevant risk factors.
- Discuss current and emerging treatment strategies that can reduce inflammation, hyperuricemia, and the crystal burden of gouty arthropathy.
- Tailor treatment regimens for patients with gout based on disease severity, renal function, therapeutic response, and comorbid conditions.
- Engage patients in open dialogue about gout as a chronic disease, treatment expectations and options, and the importance of treatment adherence for decreasing morbidity due to gouty arthropathy.
Dr. Robert Keenan