Date: Apr 5, 2017 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM
Registration closes on Apr 06, 2017 10:00 PM
Accreditation Statement: Howard University College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Requirements for CE Credit
CPE Monitor: Requirement to Track your CPE
Important new requirement from the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education and the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy for all pharmacists and technicians who obtain CPE credit. The CPE Monitor system will securely track all your completed CPE credits in a central system.
- Recognize the prevalence of cardiovascular disease (CVD) in the United States.
- Discuss the 2016 US Preventative Services Task Force (USPSTF) Recommendation Statement on Statin Use for Primary Prevention of CVD in Adults.
- Identify differences between the 2016 USPSTF Recommendation Statement and the 2013 ACC/AHA Guidelines.
- Discuss the 2016 ACC Expert Consensus on the Role of Non-Statins in the management of CVD Risk.
- Explain the importance of shared decision making and patient-centered care.
Meighan LeGrand, Pharm.D.