Date: Jan 21, 2017 09:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Location: Howard University Hospital-Towers Building
Registration closes on Feb 03, 2017 11:50 PM
Accreditation Statement: Howard University College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Requirements for CE Credit
CPE Monitor: Requirement to Track your CPE
Important new requirement from the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education and the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy for all pharmacists and technicians who obtain CPE credit. The CPE Monitor system will securely track all your completed CPE credits in a central system.
Registration closes on Feb 03, 2017
at 11:50 PM
- Define medication error.
- Discuss the different levels at which medication errors occur beginning with ordering by the physician to the patient obtaining the medication.
- Discuss the role of the bar coding system in reducing medication errors.
- Explain the patient's responsibility in reducing medication errors.
- Discuss the different ways pharmacists can intervene to reduce medication errors.
- List examples of causes of medication errors.
Jacqueise M. Unonu, PharmD