Date: Jan 21, 2017 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Location: Howard University Hospital-Towers Building
Registration closes on Feb 03, 2017 10:50 PM
Accreditation Statement: Howard University College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Requirements for CE Credit
CPE Monitor: Requirement to Track your CPE
Important new requirement from the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education and the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy for all pharmacists and technicians who obtain CPE credit. The CPE Monitor system will securely track all your completed CPE credits in a central system.
Registration closes on Feb 03, 2017
at 10:50 PM
- Briefly review opioid pharmacology and various formulations of opioid medications available.
- Understand the importance of pain management in acute and chronic pain situations.
- Discuss updates in pain management arena, including the FDA safety warning about concurrent use of opioids and benzodiazepines.
- Identify pertinent drug-drug and drug-alcohol interactions and use of opioids in patients with HIV, complications of HIV, or on HAART.
- Describe the appropriateness of opioid medications and potential adverse effects.
- Review the 3 step WHO analgesic ladder, alternative analgesics, and adjuvant options.
Parth Soni, Pharm.D.