Date: Nov 17, 2016 05:00 PM - 09:00 PM
Registration closes on Nov 21, 2016 11:00 PM
Accreditation Statement: Howard University College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Requirements for CE Credit
CPE Monitor: Requirement to Track your CPE
Important new requirement from the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education and the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy for all pharmacists and technicians who obtain CPE credit. The CPE Monitor system will securely track all your completed CPE credits in a central system.
Registration closes on Nov 21, 2016
at 11:00 PM
- Based on the 21st International AIDS Conference (Durban, South Africa - July 18-22, 2016) (a) Identify and discuss at least 2 new promising investigational drugs or treatment strategies for management of HIV-1 infection. (b) Identify and discuss the major study conclusions of ART as prevention from a global perspective.
- Based on findings from the 2015 HIV/AIDS Quality Management and Client Satisfaction Survey of adults/adolescents in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area. (a) Identify at least three major demographic trends in prevalence of HIV/AIDS. (b) Recognize average and range of treatment adherence rates. (c) Discuss two opportunities for improvement in clinical care of HIV-infected patient and the role of pharmacy providers.
- Define, compare and contrast prospective, concurrent and retrospective DUR.
- Identify and explore at least 3 innovations in technology, and/or health care delivery, important to advancing DUR in HIV care.
- Utilizing design thinking, explore the following DUR activities to advance quality of care: (a) Psychotherapeutic, (b) ART Treatment Adherence, (c) Perinatal Immunization.
Christopher Keeys, PharmD, BCPS