Date: Jan 29, 2016 09:00 AM - Feb 10, 2016 03:00 PM
Registration closes on Feb 10, 2016 10:00 PM
Accreditation Statement: Howard University College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Requirements for CE Credit
CPE Monitor: Requirement to Track your CPE
Important new requirement from the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education and the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy for all pharmacists and technicians who obtain CPE credit. The CPE Monitor system will securely track all your completed CPE credits in a central system.
Registration closes on Feb 10, 2016
at 10:00 PM
- Define medication reconciliation.
- Identify and discuss National Patient Safety Goals as an aspect of medication reconciliation.
- Given case examples, demonstrate knowledge and skill at responding to patient encounters following HIPPA rules and professional standards.
- Based on discussions and completions of review of ASHP Statements, identify and discuss rules of pharmacy technicians in pharmacy practice including medication reconciliation
- Use at least 2 strategies to enhance interviews with special populations, e.g. hearing impaired and older patients.
- Define and discuss the importance of high risk drugs in medication reconciliation.
- Utilizing the experience from practice and this program, identify future educational and performance improvement needs for pharmacy technicians in medication reconciliation.
Christopher Keeys, PharmD, BCPS
Hyunji Lee, Pharm.D.
Kyung Koo, Pharm.D.
Onyine Chukwukelo, Pharm.D.
Sara Spencer, Pharm.D.
Xirui Chen, Pharm.D.