Date: Oct 31, 2015 08:30 AM - 10:30 AM
Registration closes on Oct 31, 2015 10:30 PM
Accreditation Statement: Howard University College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Requirements for CE Credit
CPE Monitor: Requirement to Track your CPE
Important new requirement from the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education and the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy for all pharmacists and technicians who obtain CPE credit. The CPE Monitor system will securely track all your completed CPE credits in a central system.
Registration closes on Oct 31, 2015
at 10:30 PM
- Identify several changes in the ACIP recommendations for influenza vaccines for the 2015-2016 season.
- Describe the specific recommendations for pneumococcal vaccine for adults applicable for 2015-2016 and moving forward.
- Other vaccine recommended in the older adult, important viral infection outbreaks in 2014-2015 that reinforce the importance of preventive vaccines.
- Name the 11 CDC recommended vaccines for adults and ways in which pharmacists can increase uptake.
- Identify 4 expectations of pharmacists, as outlined in the National Adult Vaccine Advisory Committee (NVAC) Adult Immunization Standards.
- Identify 4 areas of improvement within respective organizations/practices to advance adult immunization rates based on the National Adult Immunization Plan.
Jennifer Thomas, PharmD
LCDR Maggie A. Zettle, PharmD