Date: Nov 14, 2023 06:00 PM - 08:30 PM
Registration closes on Nov 21, 2023 10:00 PM
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Highlight recent changes in the DC ADAP formulary and FDA Safety Labeling.
- Highlight key practice implications for HIV clients due to formulary changes including utilization management strategies e.g., prior authorizations, drug utilization reviews and medication therapy management.
Zemen Habetemariam, PharmD
- Explain the evolution of solid organ transplantation in HIV+ patients in the United States.
- Describe the effects of HIV on solid organ transplant eligibility and post- transplantation outcomes for this patient population.
- Assess drug-drug interactions between anti-retroviral therapy (ART) and immunosuppressant medications used in solid organ transplant.
Sarah Miller, Pharm D, BCPS
- Describe the prevalence and economic impact of smoking among the US population and people living with HIV.
- Explain the health effect of smoking and how it affects disease progression of HIV.
- Identify and overcome barriers to management of smoking using available smoking cessation therapy.
- Identify the exclusions for smoking cessation self-treatment.
- Recommend available resources and drug therapies for patient use in smoking cessation.