Date: Jan 24, 2022 06:00 PM - 08:00 PM
Registration closes on Mar 21, 2022 11:00 PM
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
Accreditation Statement: Howard University College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Clinical Pharmacy Associates
- State the tests required to establish a diagnosis of sickle cell disease (SCD).
- Describe patterns of health care utilization in SCD
- List the 5 available disease modifying SCD therapies
- Explain how outpatient opioids should be prescribed in order to minimize serious side effects
- Identify the current gaps in SCD care leading to high costs, low quality and their historical origins.
James Taylor, MD
Time: 06:00 PM - 08:00 PM