Date: Dec 18, 2021 07:00 PM - 08:00 PM
Registration closes on Feb 12, 2022 09:00 PM
- Healthcare Professionals
Accreditation Statement: Howard University College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
- Review evidence from available newer clinical studies for FDA approved drugs in 2019-2021 regarding participation of underrepresented groups based on sex, race and ethnicity.
- Recognize major trends in participation by underrepresented groups in clinical studies used to gain drug approval by the FDA.
- Identify at least 2 reasons underrepresentation of populations in clinical trials exist in the US and recommend at least one action that can be taken to address this disparity.
- Discuss the potential impact of underrepresentation of groups in new drug studies on our understanding of their safety, efficacy and use in clinical practice.
- Given a case of the newer antiretroviral drugs, Cabenuva and Vocabrio participate in a formulary review discussion about the products evidence regarding sex, race, and ethnicity.
Dr. Christopher Keeys, Pharm.D.,BCPS, Pharm.D., BCPS