Date: Jun 25, 2021 02:00 PM - 03:00 PM
Registration closes on Aug 20, 2021 10:00 PM
- Healthcare Professionals
Accreditation Statement: Howard University College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
- 1.Define the terms related to the LGBTQ+ community, with a particular emphasis on those who are transgender and nonbinary.
- 2. Recognize the types of gender affirming medical interventions transgender and non-binary persons may undergo.
- 3. Recall many of the social and environmental stressors persons who identify as transgender and non-binary may experience that can increase risk of HIV or cancer related diseases.
- 4. Describe barriers to access and quality of health care that transgender and non-binary patients may face as well as some opportunities to dismantle systemic bias against sexual and gender minorities.
- 5. Identify the current evidenced based recommendations within the healthcare system for transgender and nonbinary person
Maya Leiva, PharmD