Date: Aug 25, 2018 11:00 AM - 01:00 PM
Registration closes on Aug 26, 2018 10:30 PM
Accreditation Statement: Howard University College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Requirements for CE Credit
CPE Monitor: Requirement to Track your CPE
Important new requirement from the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education and the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy for all pharmacists and technicians who obtain CPE credit. The CPE Monitor system will securely track all your completed CPE credits in a central system.
Registration closes on Aug 26, 2018
at 10:30 PM
- Identify and describe the importance of meningococcal immunization in the care of HIV infected persons.
- Identify and properly select the appropriate FDA approved meningococcal vaccines based on patient characteristics and clinical settings.
- Discuss roles the pharmacy providers serve in assuring access to and appropriate use of infection prevention strategies for meningococcal disease.
- Identify and discuss three important therapeutic observations about the management of HIV infection in patients with cancer receiving chemotherapy.
- Identify two well-documented mechanisms of drug-drug interactions between ART and anticancer treatment.
- For each of the following common anticancer therapies, identify a potentially serious DDI and formulate an appropriate strategy to manage the patient's risk: Tyrosine kinase inhibitor (e.g. erlotinib), Aromatase Inhibitor (e.g. letrozole), Alkylating agent (e.g. cyclophosphamide), Vinca Alkaloid (e.g. vincristine).
Christopher Keeys, PharmD, BCPS
Kyung Koo, Pharm.D.