Date: Apr 19, 2018 05:00 PM - 09:00 PM
Registration closes on Apr 20, 2018 10:30 PM
- Practice Based
- Pharmacy Technicians
Accreditation Statement: Howard University College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
- Identify, characterize, discuss and use sterile compounding for common fluids, electrolytes, anti-infection, nutrients, antineoplastic, analgesics and other.
- Identify, characterize, discuss and use sterile compounding.
- Describe and demonstrate proper sterile compounding procedures for common, neonatal, pediatric and adult parenteral admixtures, including hazardous and non-hazardous products.
- Describe and discuss utilizing product labels, MSDS, and expert references for common sterile products, their handling, packaging, storage and disposal.
- Identify and properly perform pharmacy calculations related to sterile compounding.
- Identify and discuss, using cases and examples, the rational and methods to assure sterility and accuracy.
Christopher Keeys, PharmD, BCPS
Mekdese Kassa, Pharm.D.